*****I HAVE MOVED!*****
*****Find me here: sarahannrogers.com*****

Welcome! I'm so glad you've found your way here and hope you enjoy your time connecting.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Reaping

Don't be misled: No one makes a fool of God. What a person plants, he will harvest. The person who plants selfishness, ignoring the needs of others - ignoring God! - harvests a crop of weeds. All he'll have to show for his life is weeds! But the one who plants in response to God, letting God's Spirit do the growth work in him, harvests a crop of real life, eternal life. So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit. Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith.

Galatians 6:7-10 (msg)

Taking time out to focus on hardcore ministry always makes me examine my motives and the way I live my life.  After the trip to Mexico City this past week, I really was touched (again) by the way that God can use all of us to do His will.  And trust me, it has got to be Him, because I was tired and myself, and I know that all of the good things in me had to have come through God.  I am consistently convicted after mission trips in one particular way.  I end up asking myself, why do I think God is less here than He was there?  And because I know the answer, that God is the same everywhere, no matter when, no matter what situation I am in, I have to ask myself another question... Who do I think I am?  I know for a fact that My God is not kidding when He gives me a passion and a desire for His will and His ministry.  Romans 11:29 says that "God's gifts and His call can never be withdrawn."  He doesn't change in His ability and capacity, but he also doesn't change what He purposed in my heart.  If I have a heart for people when I am in Mexico, I should have a heart for people when I am in Charleston.  And, ultimately, I do.  I love to minister, I love people, and I love when God uses me, even here at home.  But am I being just as intentional here as I was on the mission field?  The verse above says to watch it because God doesn't joke around.  When you plant seeds of love and godliness, you will harvest the same.  But if I plant seeds of selfishness and pride, then why in the world would I expect God to use me?  If all I am concerned with is me, then how can I see the needs of others?  And another version says that the person who helps those in need finds the most possible personal satisfaction, and all because they are unconcerned with themselves.  I am so happy that God's ways are higher than mine, and even happier that His grace covers my inadequacies.


1 comment:

  1. hey, you encourage me every single day! I am so lucky to have someone like you! Keep pursuing God!
    You are amazing sarah ann!!

    ReplyDelete

Your words make my heart smile.