*****I HAVE MOVED!*****
*****Find me here: sarahannrogers.com*****

Welcome! I'm so glad you've found your way here and hope you enjoy your time connecting.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

February 20

I know that I said that my next blog was going to be Sueño, part 2, but I just had to do a quick notice today because it is World Day of Social Justice. It's an international, globally accepted date that is focused on spreading awareness for social justice. I know that sometimes it may feel as if we can not do anything because it is such a huge, overwhelming problem, but we can! There are tons of organizations that want to make it accessible to us, no matter how much we can give - some even ask us to pray, and to devote our time if we have no money. There is always a way to help, and if you just can't, then please, please, spread the news and the resources!

  • International Justice Mission - You can give any amount if you wish to help with money, and on the website, ijm.org, they have specific ways that you can raise awareness! This one is my favorite because they actually work with the political side of the issue, which makes them extra effective.

  • The Mocha Club - The whole idea behind this is that 2 mochas a month ($7.00) can be effective. Check out all of the things that giving up 2 coffees can do at www.mochaclub.org. I mention them because they also deal in social injustices.

  • Compassion International - This is such an amazing organization. A huge way to right an injustice is to personally support a child (or two, or three, or ten) by going to Compassion.com and ensuring that they receive a Godly education and love from you and the wonderful Compassion people who come in actual contact with the children. Through this, you see products of your effort, and it is amazing and rewarding.
Do what you can! Spread the word!

Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?


Isaiah 58:6


P.S. - Read today's earlier post, Sueno, Part 1, and see how you can answer the question - I'm looking forward to sharing and hearing!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me that today is World Day of Social Justice. It's good to see that you are spreading the message of social justice and letting people know the ways they can help make a difference to others' lives.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make my heart smile.