Well, yesterday was Mandy's birthday, so this is one day late. But, I thought I'd list the great things I remember about Mandy. Someday I hope to be as great of a wife and mom and leader.
Anyway, here are some memories/characteristics/things that are awesome about my friend:
- One year she let me spend Valentine's Day at her house because her husband was out of town and well, I had no date. We watched a girly movie and I was so grateful to not spend another Valentine's day alone.
- She and her husband talked and walked me through one of the weirdest and most awful situations in my life. That alone equals hero status.
- Whenever I call, even if not often, she's got the greatest advice, and she makes sure she sticks to the Scriptures.
- She's got a lot of integrity. She honors her husband and I hope I can honor Billy like she honors Filipe.
- I remember some times that I wanted to quit or duck out of responsibilities, and she was there to let me know that I needed to push through - and I'm thankful I did.
- She is a great mom to some adorable kids - I'm sure the third one is just beautiful. I can't wait to see him.
- She leads small groups amazingly. I know so many people here are touched by her, and I can't imagine the people she's touched where she's at now.
- She came all the way across the country for my wedding, and made me feel super special.
- She planned my bachelorette party and made it really personal (and not awkward!) and I will always remember it!
- She probably has no idea how awesome she is! That makes her even more awesome!
Anyway, Mandy, happy late birthday! Hope this reminds you how special you are!
On another subject, I won a blog giveaway! Amy at Ha ha. Wait. What? just gave away a super-cute ring and I WON! I'm super excited and I can't wait to get it! Go check out her blog, it's awesome!