For example, I hate when people text with bad grammar. I know, I should get over it, right? I mean, it saves space if you say "lol" instead of "laugh out loud" - but really, are you going to say that anyway? I think that my English degree is ruining me.
Save the Animals commercials also kill me. But I don't hate the animals! In fact, I loved my childhood pets. However, what about the starving children? Not that animals aren't awesome... I would just make sure my own children were fed before my dogs. I think we should keep that same mindset with the world. (Alright, I'll get off of my soapbox...)
I also fold my trash. I don't like when our trash is all crumpled. Folded trash takes up less space. It's ok if you think I'm crazy. I am just a little bit.
I looked up symptoms for OCD and I definitely qualify for some of them... But I think most people would! Some of you must identify with at least one of these symptoms:
- Doubts that you've locked the door or turned off the stove.
- Counting in certain patterns.
- Making sure all your canned goods face the same way.
- Repeatedly checking in on loved ones to make sure they’re safe.
- Spending a lot of time washing or cleaning.
- Unfounded fears that 1 failed to complete a routine task correctly, such as filling out a form, paying a bill, posting a letter.
- Excessive List- Making. (This one points the finger at me immediately!)
Am I the only one? Are we all just a little certifiably weird?
Please tell me you have some weird pet peeves and oddities, too...