However, in the last year or so, God has been teaching me how to live in the present. I want to be the best me and the most thankful for my life right now.
I know that God has a plan that will move us forward in life, but I never want to forget each moment that he gifts us with. Every stage is a part of the vital process he has placed me in, and I don't want to wish any part of process away. So, instead of writing the long list of things to do or change, I wanted to write a list of what I'm thankful for in the here and now.
5 Things I Love About Our Life TODAY:
1. Our freedom to have nights open. This may seem small, but Billy's job is a normal, 40-hour week, which leaves us many free nights for ministry and meeting with people. Which leads me to #2...
2. The ministries we are a part of. We are involved in a few different ministries at our church, and I'm in love with each one. Our small groups are a blessing in SO many ways, and the different services are great times of fellowship and encouragement. Also, the outreach we get to do has changed my life, and I will never forget what it has taught us.
3. Our precious little home. We rent a 2-bedroom townhouse, and I adore it. It's got so many little things that I would've never asked for myself but that I love. It's got electricity, heat, and AC. The walls are clean and beautiful. I have ample space to have guests and friends, and that is the whole purpose of having a home.
4. Our church family. We have a ton of other young-married couples in our church right now. I fully know that this is rare and wonderful, and I try to take advantage of it as much as possible. Having so many other believers in the same stage of life is incredibly encouraging. I never thought that I would have so many good friends surrounding me. I know that if God ever moved us, this may not be the case, so I'm thankful for each and every moment with these people.
5. My Superman husband. I have the best husband in the world. He really needs his own list, actually. He's incredibly forgiving, kind, and encouraging. Plus, I think he's really swoon-worthy handsome. I am so awed by the leader he's become in our home. I trust his decisions and his relationship with the Lord. He's everything I never knew I needed.