*****I HAVE MOVED!*****
*****Find me here: sarahannrogers.com*****

Welcome! I'm so glad you've found your way here and hope you enjoy your time connecting.

Friday, June 24, 2011

This Week

This week has been incredibly lovely!
Things I've loved:

1.  My small group.  They're sweet and they make me laugh and I'm so blessed by them.

2.  Rain.  There are few things better than cuddling up on the couch with a good book watching it pour.

3.  Hope.  When life is confusing, I have solid ground to stand on.  I'm more thankful for this than any other thing.
There's more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. In alert expectancy such as this, we're never left feeling shortchanged. Quite the contrary-we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!  -Romans 5:3-5 (MSG)

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm jealous. I want a small group. We just joined a new church and it's a little difficult to get plugged in. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet grateful list. I love this version of Romans 5:3-5. Sometimes The Message gets too wordy for my taste but this is well put. Having an alert expectancy for God's plan...how exciting! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a great week! :) I love that version of those verses. "we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives..."--amazingly stated!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that verse soooo much! Thank you for sharing! Rain is the best too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your words make my heart smile.