*****I HAVE MOVED!*****
*****Find me here: sarahannrogers.com*****

Welcome! I'm so glad you've found your way here and hope you enjoy your time connecting.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Bump Update

I love reading my friend Cait's blog, and I've loved her pregnancy updates that I've decided that they are copy-worthy!
I used to think that ten weeks would be way to early for a bump picture, but lo and behold, I have a mini one already.  I have vacillated between sharing it and keeping it, just because I already feel a little bit huge-ish.  I didn't expect to have anything showing yet, so it's taking me a little while to get used to the idea, but here is the picture, followed by a little preggo update:
Eeek!  Seeing it again makes me feel a little crazy!!
How far along: 10 weeks

Babe size: Kumquat (google it)

Total weight gain/loss: I'd lost a little with being sick, but I'm back to my normal weight now.

Sleep: Sleep is and has been odd.  I'm exhausted all day, but when I lie down, it takes a good fifteen to thirty minutes to fall asleep.  And I sleep more lightly than ever... any move or groan Billy makes wakes me up.  I'm not sure if this is my ever pressing need to relieve myself or just incredibly weird raging hormones.

Movement: No movement yet.  The only neat thing I feel is pressure when I lay on my belly (obviously only for a moment).  It's like someone blew up a little balloon in my lower abdomen.

Food cravings/aversions: I have such food aversions I'm afraid that typing them out will make me remember the smell and look and I will start to gag.  I am praying/sleeping my way through the next couple of weeks and hoping the sickness decides to end then!  I haven't had many cravings, except that when something sounds good, I want to eat it right away because hardly anything consistently sounds appetizing.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Lots of nausea and achy-ness.  For a moment yesterday, I was resting and I felt really good, which started to worry me because these symptoms have been so incredibly consistent.  Well, no need for concern, because the moment I got up and started to move around, they all returned.  I'm thankful for the reminders that things are going as they should. 
Also, I have crazy vivid dreams that I hope are completely meaningless and disconnected from my mind.  I wake up thinking, "Seriously?!"  I don't know where these ideas come from.

What I miss: Having the energy to run my normally full schedule.  I feel like a hermit.

What I'm looking forward to: Our next appointment on August 2.  We recently decided to go with a local birthing center instead of a regular OB, and I'm excited to see how the appointment is different than our first few.

Milestones: My little bump is actually hard now instead of being a puffy gas-baby.  That was disgusting as well as discouraging.  At least now, it feels picture worthy. 

Best moment this week: We went walking on the beach with some friends for our friend Anna's birthday.  Though I was pretty worn out, the fresh air and coolness of the evening were a glorious combination.  It felt like a glimpse into the energy and excitement of the second trimester.  Though I don't want to rush any part of this pregnancy, I am itching for the nausea to come to a close.

Moments with Billy: I have felt much more connected with my husband, which I never would have thought possible (we are hopelessly in love!).  Primarily, I have been ever so thankful for all of his help.  I was stressing the other day because of my inability to keep our house clean.  The next day, I was out for a couple of hours, and when I got home, he had vacuumed the house and cleaned the kitchen, and I just about broke down.  I am so blessed.

13 comments:

  1. Totally adorable and I love your last 2 comments that's unique to some of the other pregnancy updates I've read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look adorable! i showed really early too-don't even worry, you look great!
    what a sweet husband-i don't know HOW i would have made it through the first tri without mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 10 weeks beautiful. You are doing a great job!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing - I enjoyed reading it. Your little bump is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable!!!! So glad that things are going well and you have such great perspective about all the symptoms - means a baby is growing and that's a good thing! :) Also - your husband's comment above it making me all teary... so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading this! Def. copy-worthy!

    Your baby bump is so cute!

    Happy 10 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe.. you look so cute! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...this makes me nervous and excited about having a baby and I'm not even pregnant! Love these updates...keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look wonderful!! Loved reading your updates. Looking forward to more updates and baby bump pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your baby bump. It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there, i keep up with Cait's blog as well and think its awesome. Congrats on your pregnancy and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are so cute=) im so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your words make my heart smile.