*****I HAVE MOVED!*****
*****Find me here: sarahannrogers.com*****

Welcome! I'm so glad you've found your way here and hope you enjoy your time connecting.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Persistence

There are so many questions in our lives right now.  What do the next five years look like?  Where will we be?  What does life hold for us?  I think it comes with the territory of being in the starting stages of a life and family.  I've never felt it was more imperative than now to really know where God is leading.  So I pray, and my husband prays (and he fasts... which I'm not doing right now because of the little peanut), and we seek God's face daily.
This morning, however, like many other mornings, I just got overwhelmed.  I want to feel settled and have control over what is coming in our lives.  I completely trust God, but sometimes I get the timetables all mixed up.  I know that His ways are different than ours, but I want answers quicker than I get them.  You know, the whole, "Seek and you will find" bit?

Well, I re-read that verse this morning, and was reminded to not stop... it says to be persistent:
Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.  --Matthew 7:7 (NLT)
Just because I am not getting the answers I want as quickly as I want them does not mean that God is not working.  It's my job to continue to seek his face so that when he's ready to reveal his will to us, we'll be ready.

4 comments:

  1. That is such an encouraging verse. Someone shared it with me when we were trying to get pregnant and it was so encouraging to me that I need to keep seeking God on it and not give up! And he blesses us when we do :)
    I pray He will give you answers and/or peace about all of the unknowns in your life very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are always so sincere and heartfelt Sarah. I pray that God leads you in the right direction. Have patience. Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard to be persistent in prayer when we feel like we are not hearing from God. This is where "trust" comes in. Trusting Him to know that Yes, He is working, even when we cannot see it. Praying that as you continue to lean into Him, He will reveal His heart to you and to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. true, but not always easy. praying for you all as I know you are for us! Thanks for the reminder that God is working.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make my heart smile.