*****I HAVE MOVED!*****
*****Find me here: sarahannrogers.com*****

Welcome! I'm so glad you've found your way here and hope you enjoy your time connecting.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 days: Crabby


Today I finished lists, filled out and executed budgets, grocery shopping, and motherhood.
I snuggled and I cooked and I fulfilled my duties.

My head should feel light and happy and ready for bed.

But, for some reason, today felt like it was on autopilot.
The neurons in my brain somehow commanded my hands and feet to do, so I did.

Just minutes ago, I opened my eyes and let confessions fall of my tongue into the open ears and arms of my husband.
Today, words were not guarded, thoughts were let loose.
I didn't win today, up until moments ago.

Grace and peace and purifying blood make it a win.
Not my attitude, my wrinkled nose and my tired eyes and my thankless heart.

I want to weep with gratefulness that I'm not graded on today.
I have a new chance before I even get under the covers.  Grace lets me smile and be happy for the day I've been given, the chance to be molded and shaped and lovingly repositioned.

My grace is enough; it's all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.