*****I HAVE MOVED!*****
*****Find me here: sarahannrogers.com*****

Welcome! I'm so glad you've found your way here and hope you enjoy your time connecting.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Oh, Lady!

One of my friends, Baillie, always says "Oh my Lady!" in place of "Oh my gosh/goodness/etc."

Well, today, I feel like saying, "Oh my Lady..."  literally.

Sometimes, being a lady is a hard thing.  Don't get me wrong, I adore womanhood, but sometimes, I just get tired.  I get tired of makeup, of hair (and I have lots and lots of it!), and of that monthly reminder that I'm going to act over the top, cry at a commercial, cry when I'm making dinner, and, well, cry when I get caught at a red light.

Sometimes, I feel like nobody understands.  Sometimes, I feel out of control.

Until I get a dozen roses.  Or, until I can connect and empathize with somebody emotionally.  Or, when I meet with a friend for coffee and find a great level of camaraderie.

Or, until I see this commercial...


Thank goodness we're not alone.

7 comments:

  1. oh my goodness that made me laugh so hard!!! Or should I say "oh my lady..." :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol that was hilarious! Thanks I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha....the first part made me wonder why you were sharing this, but then it ALL made sense!!! :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha....the first part made me wonder why you were sharing this, but then it ALL made sense!!! :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL... that was hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is HILARIOUS! Made me laugh out loud!! :) Her face is priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make my heart smile.