*****I HAVE MOVED!*****
*****Find me here: sarahannrogers.com*****

Welcome! I'm so glad you've found your way here and hope you enjoy your time connecting.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

3 Days

We are supposed to move in to our townhome on Friday.
We got a call yesterday from the current tenant (mind you, we weren't asked by the agent/owner if sharing our information was alright) - saying that she was not ready to leave then and we were going to have to push our date back.

WHAT?!

I was basically freaking out.  I mean, we have to live somewhere.  We can live on a tight budget or without nice things, but I'd like a place to live.
And we are down to 3 days to figure it out.
3 days is not much time for me.

But 3 days is enough for God.  He raised his Son in 3 days so that I could have assurance of his love for me.
I am confident not in my agent, the current tenants, or even the market.  I'm not confident that I can work it all out.
I am confident in only One person, but that is enough for me...

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to [her] life?"  (Matthew 6:25-27)
If God can feed the helpless birds, he can definitely house us.  Definitely.

11 comments:

  1. Oh no, what a huge stress! How long does she want you to wait for before you can move in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks! I hope it all works out soon... said a prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks! I hope it all works out soon... said a prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh!!! Stay Put... things will get worked out soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of my favorite passages from scripture. Love it. It's such a blessing that you have the reassurance and your heart and mind goes to the Lord in a stressful time like this instead of being taken over by stress and worry! If we lived closer, I would totally let you all move in for the time needed. ha! But instead, I will say a prayer for you that God will direct you to the exact home He wants you! Keep us posted on how God provides. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry girl! He will work this all out. :)

    Love and Prayers coming your way!

    -Makay

    BTW can I just say I ADORE your layout? ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. how stressful! good luck! and good perspective :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great attitude! That sucks but you're right. He can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh no!!! I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow girl, your faith is incredible! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! I know God will make a way!

    ReplyDelete

Your words make my heart smile.