*****I HAVE MOVED!*****
*****Find me here: sarahannrogers.com*****

Welcome! I'm so glad you've found your way here and hope you enjoy your time connecting.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A time to be silent

For such a words-lover as myself, the concept of silence is an incredible thing to grasp.


si·lence
[sahy-luhns]  noun, verb,
absence of any sound or noise; stillness.

I can honestly say that this past year has been a period where God has met me through my silence, and it has been an effort to remain still.  However, for a blog, it doesn't always bode well.  I sit down to write and there is no block, but there are also no words.  Nothing to share, not yet.  Jesus whispers into my ear, Patience, my daughter, patience.  And so I have sat.  Without much to say, with little to share.  And I have hoped, friends, that you would be patient with me.  My heart is about to burst with all of the things I have been learning, yet I still feel the urge to remain here, quiet, before Jesus, for just a few more moments.

And so I am waiting here quietly and learning in the process.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for waiting here with me.


7 comments:

  1. I too, have been living in stillness. With my schedule and my long-list of to-do's that have had to be sidelined. When I am still, a lot of the white noise busy sound goes away and I can hear Him. That verse is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good place to be. I'm excited to hear about what He's placed on your heart during your waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is such a peace about this post. Keep following Christ's nudging and know we will be here when the words return. What a wonderful place to be - in the heart of God's will.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful place to be in life! I love it!! God is so good and so faithful... especially in the quiet times of life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. being silent is very tough, but very beautifully put :) You are beautiful! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how much patience and self-control is takes sometimes to be silent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes waiting is best thing we can do. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your words make my heart smile.