*****I HAVE MOVED!*****
*****Find me here: sarahannrogers.com*****

Welcome! I'm so glad you've found your way here and hope you enjoy your time connecting.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Miscellany Monday & Memorial Day

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
1. This Memorial Day means that both Billy and I have the day off.  Which means we just woke up.  Which means the day is much shorter but also much more rested.  It also means we should all take a moment to remember the men and women in service.  They are protecting my beloved home.



2. My design site, bon blog designs, is undergoing a makeover.  You can grab the new button, if you'd like.

3. This weekend, my brother graduated high school.  He's so grown up!

4. The other night, I made fresh pasta (meaning I bought it fresh) and organic chicken and roasted organic asparagus.  It was so great.  I never knew the difference between fresh and dried pasta (except that it's more expensive).  I got fettuccine from Buitoni, and it was so good.  It made more than I thought it would, and the pasta has a more doughy consistency.  

5. This Saturday, we are headed to Roca Blanca, Mexico for our mission trip.  I can't wait!  I've been all over Mexico, but not here!  Sometimes, the most fun thing for me is to watch our team on the trip and how it impacts the people around me.  Certain things don't affect me as much anymore because I've seen them so many times, but it is so refreshing to see the trip grow and change people I do life with.  I can't wait.

6. Speaking of the mission trip and my 1week absence, I have a couple of guest bloggers coming your way, and they are just lovely.  It's a secret, but I know you will adore them. 

19 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend! Can't wait to hear more about your mission trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh guest bloggers! I love guest bloggers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one girl.. simple and good.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Buitoni pasta-so yummy! Hope you have a great Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely have to try the fresh pasta... sounds delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so excited for your missions trip! i hope it is just wonderful! i have a coupon for the buitoni - i must try it. i can't believe that brock is done with high school. my oh my! it's weird when your little bro's are getting all grown up, isn't it!?! have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. - i'm in love with the new button and your blog design business!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pasta looks SUPER yummy. I've thought of a new blog layout but I have zero ideas... heh. ANYWAY, your missions trip to Mexico sounds wonderful! I pray the spirit moves in amazing ways!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on successful asparagus! We love love love asparagus in our home! :) Its one of our favorite! :)

    Have a happy memorial day!

    www.justcherishtoday.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are having such a lovely, relaxing long weekend! Have a great, safe mission!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my!! It's looking absolutely lovely over here!!! Love the design! I'll have to grab your new button for your design site! I've been enjoying my makeover soooo much!

    I can't wait to hear all about your mission trip to Mexico! I'll be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to hear all about your missions trip! I love pasta, all kinds! What you made sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. my sister graduated from high school this weekend, too! it's so strange to know my youngest sibling is college-bound.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you're going on a mission trip! I will be praying for you and your group.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy memorial day. And congrats to your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful family! Fresh pasta with asparagus sounds amazing. Good luck with your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a wonderful trip! Looking forward to hearing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you had a lovely Memorial Day weekend! I certainly appreciated the extra rest, too, and remembering the sentiment of the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never even heard of fresh pasta before. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete

Your words make my heart smile.