*****I HAVE MOVED!*****
*****Find me here: sarahannrogers.com*****

Welcome! I'm so glad you've found your way here and hope you enjoy your time connecting.

Friday, October 5, 2012

31 days: Cheerleader

It's Day 5 of 31 Days of Submission


• • •
Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them.
I met today with some wonderful women about the startup of MOPS next week, and we touched base on our major goals of the ministry.

Toward the end of the lunch, one woman said, "So we stay away from those hot topics, right?  Because I've seen lots of parenting arguments between friends on Facebook."

Goodness gracious.

Motherhood is something that takes up all of you.  The moment you are thrust into the mom role, the unexplainable weight of another life is upon you.

You have to make decisions on how to parent, what path your family will take.
We did, and each decision was thought out, some labored and cried over.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that whether it's motherhood or something else, most people do life on purpose.  Everyone has moments of insecurity, of not being 100% sure that you are 100% together 100% of the time.

You know it, I know it.  Let's support, not tear down.

I need someone on my side, to be my cheerleader when I'm unsure.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, even if I forget it sometimes.

Goal: Remember that you or she or they need someone to work for them, to cheer, to remind them of awesomeness.  Be that cheerleader (note-to-self: you cannot fit into your highschool cheer outfit; you just have to find other ways to fill that role).