*****I HAVE MOVED!*****
*****Find me here: sarahannrogers.com*****

Welcome! I'm so glad you've found your way here and hope you enjoy your time connecting.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

31 days: Whatever

It's Day 4 of 31 Days of Submission
(I skipped yesterday, but started one day early, so I have a grace day...)


• • •
WHATEVER happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. 
My throat is all lumpy today, and I don't have very much to give.
Before the sun came up, my alarm went off, and I had a hard time holding off the kind of crying that makes my lips puffy.
In the next two hours, there was such a flurry of Starbucks and packing the car and feeding the babies and checking their luggage and then it was time.
And it wasn't enough, will never be enough time.

We shipped our friends off this morning to start their new life all the way across the country, without us.  And it was painful.

We hugged and whispered and then they walked away, and I've never been more thankful for assurance and peace and knowing.

The days ahead are just going to be full of weirdness.  Picking up the phone to realize they're not available to eat chocolate and watch funny videos and just sit and hug and be together.  Looking for faces in a crowd that we won't see.  Missing doing everything and nothing and all of those in-betweens.

But today, and tomorrow, and next week when it hits me afresh, God is good.
He holds us.  He holds them.  And somehow, we're all held together and it's going to be more than ok, and I REJOICE because I need to and because I can and because it's healing.