*****I HAVE MOVED!*****
*****Find me here: sarahannrogers.com*****

Welcome! I'm so glad you've found your way here and hope you enjoy your time connecting.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

31 days: Sidelines


That's why my cup is running over. This is the assigned moment for Him to move into the center, while I slip off to the sidelines.
John the Baptist had followers.  He was touching lives, people were committed to his calling, his vision, his teaching.
God ordained him from before he was born to play a part in the grand scheme of the great plan. 

That blood pumping through your veins, tear-jerking kind of calling and dreaming... 
He had to have experienced it.

For me, it's writing.
It's motherhood.
It's being the kind of wife that lays down her all to support the man God's given her.

These callings, they keep me awake at night.
They inhabit the knot in my throat when the tears spill over.
These are the things I don't even have to ask to know the answer - 
They're God-birthed dreams.
Just like John the Baptist's.

I tend to desperately grab ahold of these desires, work toward them, make my life about them.
It's easy to forget that I'm on the sidelines.
It's easy to forget that though these are not about me.

My children, my words, my husband, my ministry, I'm just a spectator of it all.
It's time to step aside, and watch my God at work.

Jesus, be the center.