*****I HAVE MOVED!*****
*****Find me here: sarahannrogers.com*****

Welcome! I'm so glad you've found your way here and hope you enjoy your time connecting.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Change the world tuesday: Feed My Starving Children


I’m Cole over at lettersfromcoco. Sarah Ann kindly asked me to write a guest post for today and being that I simply love her sweet blog I said yes. And even better she asked me to write on a Tuesday. Sarah Ann’s Tuesday posts have inspired me so much. It’s really a breath of fresh air to see someone filled with so much compassion for hurting people, that she’s not only talking about it but out there right now serving. Thanks for asking me to share Sarah Ann. Praying for you this week.



Charities that have to do with saving children always touch my heart. As a mother of two small boys I can’t even imagine what it must be like to not have the resources to feed them. My mind can’t fathom what it must be like to watch children die of starvation. I know that may sound harsh but the truth is children are dying every single day because they don’t have food to eat. We are so fortunate that we live in a country where we will never have to witness such extremities first hand, but that doesn’t give us an excuse to not do something about it.

Feed my starving children is one of many non-profit organizations out there saving children around the world. They have volunteers that hand-pack special nutritional meals and ship them out to nearly 70 countries. Just $1 will feed five children. That’s 19 cents a meal. I bet every single one of us has that hiding under our couch cushions.


It’s too easy to get absorbed in the culture around us that we forget that people all over the world desperately need us. We show tangible love in how we take care of people who are suffering and need help. Think about what you could give up this week and instead give that money towards feeding someone who is starving. Maybe a trip to McDonalds, or one cup of coffee?


For more information on how you can help visit here.

(photos found here)

5 comments:

  1. Well written and spot-on, Cole. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this Cole! I am going to look into it a little more and share it with my husband... you're amazing!! (the perfect guest post for a Tuesday! :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me sad :-(. Great post, I hope more people read it and feel inspired to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this information. I've been looking for something like this, I have wanted to bring awareness to people about the need of others around the world. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Your words make my heart smile.